BlackStar Group – Baltimore, MD 21061
Who we are
BlackStar Group provides data-network services and equipment for professional events and clients requiring top-tier connectivity, security, and reliability. We take pride in our ability to deliver consistent, dependable results no matter the scale, venue, or title.
Who we want
To maintain our high level of service, those that we ask to join our team need to have the same desire and dedication. As a member of the BSG team your priority is to be the best representation of our brand and commitment to excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to, accept responsibilities from, and work with the Director of Engineering
- Monitor, test, and tune system performance
- Participate in and support the planning and development of long-term strategic goals
- First-line incident management and communications, including follow-up with problem resolution post-mortem, and process improvement
- Test disaster recovery and backup/restore operations of systems and data to ensure system recovery from error or outage
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Working with engineers to ensure that development follows established processes
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Many of our clients are interested in protecting their information (for dramatic effect or proprietary reasons). All employees of any capacity are required to sign a legally-binding Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- Engineers will need to be comfortable taking detailed instructions and following them accurately with a sense of urgency.
- Engineers should have the ability to prioritize their time and the tasks given to them. Engineers are expected to be able to work independently, apply basic problem solving, and act with the company and the client in mind.
- Engineers must be willing and able to work as a team, take constructive feedback from other team members, and adjust their work method/style to the task at hand.
- Work may be repetitive and detail oriented. Engineers are expected to maintain a high level of quality while satisfying the requests of senior staff and/or clients.
- In depth understanding of networking and protocols and services
- Expert knowledge of server operating systems
- Proficient with Python or other modern development language
- strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Health Insurance
- Overtime and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- All employees are able to take paid personal days and work on a flexible schedule as long as all responsibilities are being met. We encourage individuals who have been traveling for work to take time off between events to avoid burnout.
- Growth Opportunities
- BlackStar Group is a learning-friendly environment. We encourage all employees to ask questions about any aspect of the company they wish to learn about. We also strive to create opportunities for every individual to use their unique strengths and interests. Many of our technicians learn to use and troubleshoot more advanced technologies, which helps them to grow as individuals and in their professional lives.
Let us know how you found us. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com