BlackStar Group – Baltimore, MD 21061
Who we are
BlackStar Group provides data-network services and equipment for professional events and clients requiring top-tier connectivity, security, and reliability. We take pride in our ability to deliver consistent, dependable results no matter the scale, venue, or title.
Who we want
To maintain our high level of service, those that we ask to join our team need to have the same desire and dedication. As a member of the BSG team your priority is to be the best representation of our brand and commitment to excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to, accept responsibilities from, and work with Chief Operations Officer
- Track, receive, and unload shipments
- Document and report damages on incoming shipments
- Process equipment requests, supply orders, and packing lists
- Prepare and pack equipment for shipping
- Embark shipments in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Tag and label equipment
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile equipment
- Operate inventory management tools (ie: forklift and/or pallet stacker)
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs
- Sort, store, and/or shelve items appropriately
- Promote clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Preserve a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, floors, and workstations neat and organized
- Many of our clients are interested in protecting their information (for dramatic effect or proprietary reasons). All employees of any capacity are required to sign a legally-binding Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- Often, our work is time-sensitive. Associates must be willing to complete requests by following specific instructions with a sense of urgency.
- Associates should have the ability to prioritize their time and the tasks given to them. Associates are expected to be able to work independently, apply basic problem solving, and act with the company and the client in mind.
- Associates must be willing and able to work as a team, take constructive feedback from other team members, and adjust their work method/style to the task at hand.
- Work may be repetitive and detail oriented. Associates are expected to maintain a high level of quality while satisfying the requests of senior staff.
This is a hands-on position. Associates must be able to perform the following on a daily basis:
- Lifting 50 lbs.
- Walking 10+ miles /day (cumulative)
- Standing and being on your feet for long periods of time
- Depending on the duties you may often be working while on hands and knees, climbing ladders, or in any variety of challenging spaces/positions.
- Dust, sawdust, or other particulate matter may be present in the work areas
- Temperature fluctuations (warehouse spaces are not always heated or cooled)
- Health Insurance
- Overtime and Holiday Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- All employees are able to take paid personal days and work on a flexible schedule as long as all responsibilities are being met. We encourage individuals who have been traveling for work to take time off between events to avoid burnout.
- Growth Opportunities
- BlackStar Group is a learning-friendly environment. We encourage all employees to ask questions about any aspect of the company they wish to learn about. We also strive to create opportunities for every individual to use their unique strengths and interests. Many of our technicians learn to use and troubleshoot more advanced technologies, which helps them to grow as individuals and in their professional lives.
Let us know how you found us. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com